Sunday, August 14, 2011

Aug. 12 - Our Trip to Mexico


Aug. 12
Our trip went very smoothly. We flew to San Francisco, Houston, and Villahermosa without any problems. I couldn’t believe how hot it was when we came out of the plane. It was as if we were going into an oven. Judith (Fabiola’s sister) and her husband Luis were waiting for us at the airport and took us to our home. They are such nice people! As we drove to Cardenas from Villahermosa, I thought I was driving from the Buenos Aires airport to San Miguel, where my mom lives; as it was very similar in a few aspects. Judith and Luis took us to their taqueria (taco shop) where we grabbed a few delicious tacos, met their children, and then they brought us to our new home. Because the house had been closed for a few days, it was extremely hot. We opened all the windows to let the air in, but it was unbearable. Of course, we had our welcoming party waiting for us: a group of gigantic cockroaches. Our kids did not like them at all. I am kind of used to them as I grew up in a humid country. As Judith and Luis were leaving, I heard a very loud scream. Lucas was being followed by one of the roaches and screamed his head off. It was kind of funny. Our home is gorgeous! It has 4 bedrooms each with its own bathroom, a TV room, a kitchen, a dinning room, a study, and a living room. It’s located in central Cardenas and the view from the top floor is fantastic.

2 comments:

  1. you need to post pics of your home. We had cockroaches in Hawaii, I always had to put a paper bag on the before I stepped on them:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny (only not to Lucas I'm sure) that Lucas was being chased by a cockroach. Give him a can of Raid to spray them, then he'll be more bold! :)

    ReplyDelete