Sunday, August 14, 2011

The John Day Experience (Aug. 5 - Aug. 10)


Fabiola and I flew back to Boise on Aug. 5. The next day, her sons arrived in Boise. They were supposed to arrive at 2:00 pm, but due to a delay, they arrived at 7:00 pm instead. Charlotte, Lucas, Emma, and Gina accompanied Fabiola to the Boise airport. From there, we traveled to John Day, but had to stop in a few places; so we arrived in John Day at midnight. For the following few days, Fabiola and her sons had the opportunity to tour John Day and Grant County. We also visited Grant Union High School and they met our principal and dean of students along with other GUHS staff members. On Sunday, Fabiola came to Church with us. It was quite an emotional day for me as I was released from my duties as the bishop of my ward due to our upcoming move to Mexico. A lake of tears were left in that meeting as I bore my testimony and share of my love to the members of the John Day Ward, whom I served for the past 4 years and 7 months.

Lucas and Diego became very good friends. They went swimming together at our local pool and Lucas was extremely excited to have three older boys instead of girls during these few days. :) After explaining as much as we could about the house and the town, we left to Boise on Wednesday August 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment