Sunday, August 14, 2011

Washington DC (July 31 - August 5)


As a Fulbright grantee, I had to attend our orientation in Washington DC. There I met all the international teachers who had been assigned to the United States and all the American teachers who were going overseas (India, Mexico, England, Switzerland, Hungary, etc.). I had an amazing time with my colleagues. We learned about the importance of effective teaching, how to cope with cultural changes, and other important aspects that would help us succeed in this incredible adventure we were about to embark. I also met Fabiola, whom I will be replacing in Cardenas, the state of Tabasco, Mexico. She is coming to stay in our home with her three sons: Ayax, Isaac, and Diego for a year, where she will be teaching Spanish at Grant Union High School. My family and I will be moving to her home in Cardenas, where I will be teaching English as a Second Language at the Universidad Popular de la Chontalpa. We leave on August 12.

1 comment:

  1. This is funny that you went here, until the Boston Temple was built we always traveled to the DC temple, 13 hours from here, hope you enjoyed it, DC is beautiful

    ReplyDelete