Friday, September 2, 2011

Centro de Idiomas (Language Center)

Last week I taught English to students from the Tourism Degree. Last Monday I started teaching English at the UPCH Language Center. This center offers language classes in English, French, and Chontal to university and non-university students. I teach English I and III and absolutely love it. If you are a teacher, you would understand why I love it and am so happy to teach these two classes. This week has been very intensive and every day I gave them homework. I have been amazed and in total shock that every student did his/her homework every day. I was wondering if I was indeed alive or if it was just one of those dreams from which I did not want to wake up. They are so amazing and are trying really hard to learn the language. I have students from all ages and all backgrounds. Some of them work full time. Others work and study at the UPCH full time. However, they take time to do their homework and present great quality work. Their level of commitment and responsibility is truly wonderful and I hope it will last until the end of my time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment